December 30, 2017
December 31, 2017
IN ALL DIVISIONS, NATIONAL FEDERATION HIGH SCHOOL RULES APPLY W/ THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW MINOR THINGS.
- Game will start with ball being placed on the offensive teams own 35-yard line.
- There are no kick offs or kick returns.
- All punts are NOT live. Therefore, there is no rush on the kicker (Kicker cannot be touched and thus allowed to kick the ball). All punts are field as either a fair catch, downed by the punting team or ruled out of the field of play. A muffed punt can be recovered by the punting team.
- Field goal attempts are considered a downed play and as such they are live.
- Two (2) twenty-four (24) minute halves of running time, with a three (3) minute break between halves.
- Each team has one (1) time-out per half. If the time-out is not used in the first half, it will not carry over to the second half. Time-outs are clock stoppages. After thirty (30) seconds a whistle will blow and the clock will automatically start.
- Referees will be responsible for keeping the play clock of 25 seconds.
- In the case of an injury the clock will stop for a maximum of two minutes’ total. Past the allotted two minutes, the clock will start running again; stoppage time is based on the discretion of the referee, depending on the game and schedule situation (two-minute stoppage is for the entire game). The injured player must be removed from the field of play and not participate for one (1) down.
- Games may start up to five (5) minutes early if field is available to keep the games on schedule throughout the day.
- Game time is forfeit time; any team unable to field a team upon the start of the referee’s whistle will receive a loss for that game.
- The last two minutes of each half the clock will run by "regulation" rules.
- A modified clock is used so we can fit in all the games and stay on schedule. This format will allow games to be played.
- PAT Rules Scoring System (After Touchdown: 1pt for run or pass, 2pt for kick)
The Mason-Dixon Bowl operates under a Tournament Style format and as such the following factors determine final seeding in the order listed.
- Record: Team with the best overall win - loss record.
- Head to Head: The team with the best win - loss record for games played against one another.
- Strength of Schedule based on your opponent’s score: Team with the highest score based on strength of schedule. Two points are earned for a win. One point is earned for a tie. No points are earned for a loss.
- Points Against: Team with the lowest points scored against them.
- Coin Flip: Flipping of a coin if two teams- Drawing of cards if three or more teams.
All players are to play in the proper division, that's why we will have certified rosters from all teams in every division. We verify birth dates and grades by use of report cards to ensure that each child on the roster is in the fair division. All teams must have their certification books available to the MASON-DIXON BOWL Staff.